What does the Risk Professional of the future look like? How is the role of Risk Managers changing due to Covid-19? We unpack the challenges and opportunities around managing a professional body in the time of Covid-19 and how the risk fraternity and business at large are being mobilised to adapt to a new normal. Organisations that are agile, flexible and innovative will become leaders in their respective industries and we look at lessons that can be learnt from the way industry has responded to this Global pandemic.
meet our guests
Gillian le Cordeur
Chief Executive Officer, The Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA)
Gillian has been the Chief Executive Officer for The Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA) for over seven years. During this time, IRMSA has reached new heights, including recognition as the Professional Body for Risk Management in South Africa. Gillian became passionate about the strategy and operations of Not for Profit Associations during her time as the Chief Operating Officer for an Association Management Company working with many different associations from various industries. Read more
This episode is powered by:
IRMSA is recognised as the Professional Body for Risk Management in South Africa by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). IRMSA represents individuals and companies committed to the enhancement of the Risk Management discipline. IRMSA serves aspiring risk practitioners, risk professionals and decision makers in Southern Africa, dedicated to the advancement of the risk management profession through accreditation, research, promotion, education, upliftment, training, guidance and strong relationships with other Institutes or Associations.
Professional accreditation through various levels of membership:
- Network and information sharing on current risk issues via our online forums, IRMSA Risk Chat and IRMSA Newsflash.
- A credible platform enabling practitioners to speak on matters affecting the discipline.
- Research and project development with member only access to online Technical Library.
- In-house Technical guidance and support.
- Release of the Annual Risk Report and other research projects from the Risk Intelligence Committee.
- Education and Professionalisation opportunities through IRMSA Qualifications and Board Exams.
- IRMSA Guideline to Risk Management.
- Opportunities for networking and professional development through conferences, briefings and topic focused workshops.
- Training programs – IRMSA scheduled training as well as organisation specific training.
We are dedicated to the advancement of the risk management profession and accreditation, through research, promotion, education, upliftment, training, guidance and strong relationships with other Institutes and Associations.