Dr Gavriel (Gav) Schneider
CEO, Risk 2 Solution Group
Dr Gav is an acknowledged business leader and specialist in the field of human based risk management and the psychology of risk. He is the creator of the Presilience® approach and is a serial entrepreneur and has been running his own businesses since 2001. He has conducted business in over 17 countries and provided a wide range of services for a very diverse client base, ranging from heads of state, to school teachers. He is a leading academic and subject matter expert in his field and is a much-sought after International speaker. He has, over the last decade, had extensive experience as a Director and Board Member of; for profit, not for profit and community organisations
- He is the CEO of the Risk2Solution Group which is a group of risk consultants and advisors, security, safety, medical and emergency response companies that focus on innovative integration and consolidation solutions.
- Extensive senior level management and leadership experience and is an acknowledged subject matter expert on Integrated & Human Centric Risk Management, Safety, Emergency, Crisis Management and Security.
- Extensive Tier one consulting and advisory experience including:
- Risk Expert and Peer Reviewer to the Project Chief Executive of the QLD Governments Department of State Development – Special Project Unit (SPU) which oversees the new 3 Billion Dollar Queens Wharf project.
- Numerous Consultancy & Training projects to Federal Government clients including; Defence, DFAT, DIBP, DHS and the CSIRO.
- Consultancy and Advisory projects to Local Governments such as Gold Coast and Rockingham City Councils.
- Consultancy, Advisory and Training projects to a wide list of private sector clients, including: Bank of Queensland, Watpac, Lend Lease, Toll Remote Logistics, Standard Bank, Incitec Pivot, etc.
- Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and Fellow of the Australian Risk Policy Institute (FARPI), A Fellow of the institute of Strategic Risk Management and ANZ Chapter Chair as well as Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.& Leadership
- Extensive Board and Director experience, including:
- Director roles in over 6 for profit businesses, Member of the Advisory Board: Amlec House,
- Member of the Board of Governors South African Institute of Security (SAIS),
- Former Board Member – Sinai College, Former Board Member – Take Action Foundation.
- He holds a Doctor of Criminology Degree as well as a Master of Technology Degree (UNISA).
- Completed the HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL / HBX – Certificate in Disruptive Strategy
- Academically, he is the Head Lecturer and Program Director for the Australian Catholic Universities (ACU) post graduate program on the Psychology of Risk.
- He is a published author, with two books published as well as numerous academic and advisory articles. His second book “Can I see your Hands” was nominated as ASIS book of the year in 2018
- Extensive international experience in over 17 countries.
- He has served as an Industry Expert Witness for the Legal Sector.
- Dr Gav has a wide range of additional qualifications including;
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic leadership
- Graduate Diploma in Management (Learning)
- Advanced Diplomas in Project Management, Integrated Risk Management, Work health and safety and several other related qualifications.
- In addition, he holds numerous trainer, educational and coaching qualifications, has been a martial arts full contact champion, is a 7th degree black belt and in his own right, Dr Gav has trained thousands of people globally.